Saturday, February 11, 2017

Suck it up Buttercup ..again....

Cats are fickle.
the minute Pumpkin died, Tigger was in her basket.
Now...Stitch, not missing either Pumpkin, nor Tigger..settles in....really???
One more time at the "estate" kinda sale.
This little tea cup planter is a thank you present...I love it.
 A swatch inside of one of the packages...good to keep for dating fabric.
Marked 1932
 A nice piece...What to do with it??
 This piece was stained...terrible  bleeding.
I soaked it in Retayne forever...It is not all out..but so much better.
What to do with it??

Lordy, Lordy..the darlings have left for three days....I am so happy to have some free time.
 The minute they left, I cried,
..all stymied and stuck, missing them already.
Someone told me to get a grip.
I did not want to hear that.  I wanted a rescue..
Alas, none of that...

But, getting annoyed got me going
I started on my projects....nothing like getting your panties in a twist to be productive.
It has taken all day today to feel myself...guess that the survival adrenaline has worn off..
I realize that as much as I love them., I need a complete break from my darlings..3 days is awesome.
Working hard now to find the new me.
Look, see Ms. O'Quilts organize three whole shelves!!....
Wahoo..
A picture of Drenna's shower gift..a bib and burp cloth.
Sports..themed..so fun.  Another post showed a matching quilt.
.
Today...winter in Charlotte...70 degrees.
Top of the track.  From up here the sky is so clear.







5 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Yes, cats are fickle. I wonder how much they remember. I'm guessing "not much" unless it involves food or survival.
We had 70 degrees here today. Now the high winds move in with more cold, and we're told to expect high winds by morning and snow by tomorrow night and into Monday. I have two meetings on Monday, so I'm hoping the snow either blows through in a hurry or is much better by the time I need to make the 40 mile trip back home.
I accomplished some sewing too--but don't yet have photos to prove it. I fully understand the need for respite--just being by myself with no commitments except church tomorrow is a blessing--even without daffodils to look at!

Sharon said...

I think cats just know the best places to sleep! When my younger kitty, Dunkel, passed last year, older kitty Shade went into mourning. But he slept in Dunkel's favorite spot for awhile. Maybe it still smells like the the other kitty?

Glad you're getting some respite. Yes, get up and do something! I tend to just burn the first day when DH goes out of town. It's like I just need the downtime. I hate wasting a day, but on the other hand, I like the putzing around too. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, be kind to yourself!

Karaquilts said...

Oh, Kitties are such mysterious little creatures ~ ~ full of personality and intrigue! I'm sorry Tigger is gone, but am so glad you have a funny little Stitch to fill the basket :)

I L O V E the bleeding pink/red/magenta quilt! If you're looking for a home for it :) I say finish them both off and see what gift needs arrive at your door. It's wonderful to have a quilt standing by even if it it's not perfect and created entirely by your own hand. I used to quilt for a woman (I called her my patron) and made about 30 quilts for her over a course of time. Small lap-type quilts. One day one of her doctors came to work with a broken heart as her husband had just decided to divorce and left her. My friend dashed home to her closet and brought the woman a perfect comfort quilt in her moments of sorrow. I was thrilled to have been a part of that moment.

I hope you have some "Aha" moments in your wonderful three days. Blessings, dear one.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Our cat changes his sleeping place regularly. Quite often he chooses a doorway or a tablemat. Anything to get noticed. Your grandies will have a lovely time and you will be refreshed. I love your finds, those quilts are such fun, we don't have so many available here in the u.k. Love your daffodils, we have snowdrops almost out on the bank but sleety snow has delayed them.
Hugs

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

It is tough having the kids go even when ya need a break. That's just love I guess :)

The bib and burp cloth are fun....a nice gift. I have to get my charity quilt finished so I can get on to making some bibs and burp cloths myself...expecting a grandson in May.

Do you best to enjoy and put your feet up too.

Smiles,
Kelly